Useful Information about Dominica
An Introduction to Dominica
The Prime Minister of Dominica is Mr. Roosevelt Skerrit. The Attorney General is Mr. Levi Peters. Honourable Robert Tonge is Minister of Tourism and Urban Renewal. For more information visit the Government website. Dominica introduced Value Added Tax on 1st March 2006.
Banks are generally open 8 a.m to 2 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 4.p.m on Fridays.
Bank of Nova Scotia
Tel (767) 448 5800
28 Hillsborough Street, Roseau
First Caribbean Bank
Tel (767) 448 2571
Old Street, Roseau
National Bank of Dominica
Tel (767) 255 2300 (switchboard number)
64 Hillsborough Street (general banking)
ATM facilities (local card).>
Canefield Branch: Open 9.a.m. to 5 p.m
Portsmouth Branch: ATM facilities
Royal Bank of Canada
Tel (767) 448 2771
Bay Front, Roseau
ATM & Cirrus links.
To open a Bank Account
Most banks require the following:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Proof of Address
- Bank reference. If this cannot be obtained, at least try to get a statement stating how long you have been with the bank and that the account is in order.
- If you have a Residence Permit, a copy of the permit is required.
Buying Real Estate in Dominica
Safe Haven can help you with all your Real Estate needs:
- We sell and let properties.
- We can recommend Attorneys who can apply for alien land holding licence if required.
- There is no capital gains tax in Dominica.
- We have an experienced Property Manager who has a wealth of knowledge and can guide you on the market and its trend.